Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where do I belong?

I have been attending the Olympia Film Festival in the last couple days. I have seen some pretty great work. It has inspired me to submit the film I made last year to more (or any) festivals. I spent a lot of time on it and I should be circulating it. I was searching for film festivals, and I become very aware that maybe some festivals wouldn't like mine because it is "too Christian" so I searched for Christian film festivals. I realized my film is waayyy to experimental and critical for Christian film festivals (or at least thats the way it seems). This festivals submission requirements are enough to scare me away. The Ten Commandments of Submitting films? Commandment 4 especially makes me nervous, oh and 7. I am not so much worried that my film violates these rules, I just don't think I want to be apart of that sort of community. Actually now that I think of it, they probably wouldn't appreciate someone shooting up the sacraments like shown in my video.  

Where do I belong?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey- I screen films for Sony in the faith area. Would be interested in taking a look at your project. Let me know if you want more info.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/richpeluso