Friday, February 22, 2008

Defeated :(

So I have a lot to talk about, but absolutely no energy!! It is 4 in the morning and I have to get up in 5 hours for class. Real quickly I must air my grievances with Vancouver, WA and how much I hate this city.

Quick background of my transportation history. I have never owned a car or had my license, not even my permit. I have gotten real good at taking buses. every few weeks I spend 8 hours round trip busing from Oly to Edmonds and back. I am very good at navigating websites and figuring out how to bus certain places (I don't know how people did anything before the internet). This summer I figured out how to bus from Edmonds to Anacortes, I mean, Anacortes for hecks sake! (literally for Heck's sake, I was busing to go to What The Heck Fest). Anyways, my friend Nathan is busing from Edmonds - Portland this Saturday and I wanted to help him figure it out. I just spent the last hour and a half trying to crack this code. It would have taken nearly 10 hours, but it would have cost less than 7 dollars. It involved nearly 8 buses and much lay over time, but I figured it out damnit. I even figured out how to get from Tumwater to longview and longview to Vancouver.

The only flaw in the plan is that the transit station in Vancouver that the bus from Longview goes to, Salmon Creek, does not have a single bus leave it on the weekends. There is a six mile gap from that transit station to the next. Six miles!!! I figured out how to bus all the way from Edmonds to fucking Portland, except six fucking miles in Vancouver, WA. Fuck Vancouver. Fuck!!! I am so defeated. I almost managed to escape using greyhound or amtrak to travel. Almost!


Well this path still works on the weekdays :)

No comments: