Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chuck v. Chuck

I saw "There Will be Blood" last night. I liked the movie a lot. I won't go into detail because I can't stand people who talk about movies and ruin it for me. I will say that it was very interesting going to see this particular movie because I entered the experience knowing close to nothing about the movie. I had never seen a trailer or read anything about it. I didn't know what where or when it was supposed to take place. But most importantly I didn't know who was the good guy and who was the bad guy. It was much better going into a movie and being completely surprised opposed to knowing a majority of the plot. So yeah, good movie. We showed up at the theater in Lacey because Corbin thought the movie started at 8:30, it didn't start at 8:30. We were a little early. The movie was actually playing at 10:30. We were forced to hang out in Lacey for two hours waiting for the movie to start. Thanks Corbin.

Today we had an RA meeting. I can honestly say I have never been more proud of my co-workers until this meeting. We were discussing the murals that got painted over and the process to get new murals up. Chuck, one of my bosses, made a comment about the process for getting a mural put up on the second floor of A building is a much harder process because this is an area where prospective students and parents see. He continued saying that Housing is a business and it would be better for business not to have a mural in highly viewed areas. This of course set off the RAs who like to pretend we don't work for some evil manipulative business, which we do! Charlie was the first to go after Chuck's comment. He starts off by saying "This feels like a conspiracy theory." I was so happy. It was like Chuck v. Chuck. I don't know if any change is going to happen from our getting upset, but I still liked it. I just felt united against a common enemy with my fellow RAs.

I think about quiting a lot. Like more than healthy, I'm sure. There are a few reasons why I haven't quit yet. The convenience of working and living on campus, I don't want to abandon my fellow RA friends, and the bible study. Every week I host a bible study in my room. Deanna and Caleb, some friends of mine who are on staff with InterVarsity and run the bible study, want me to continue living on campus so that I can live amongst the community I intend to be serving. Not only do they encourage me to remain an RA, they also want me to do it again next year. I don't know if I can handle it. I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

I stenciled today. They turned out pretty good. I might post pictures if I can figure out how to.

Hey Glove! is getting all kinds of serious. We decided we are going to start having weekly practices. We still have to figure out a time and date that works for everyone. Tomorrow we are waking up early to go and buy a cow bell. I will still remember you when I am famous.

This post was particularly boring. I apologize to those of you who read the whole thing. I really thought it would get better.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Hell Yeah, I showed Chuck what's up!